Exhibits
 
 

Dreyer Hall

Exhibition Man
Egyptian pot

The Dreyer Hall is named after Prof. T. F. Dreyer, who discovered the famous Florisbad skull in 1932. In 1936 Dreyer donated his Florisbad collection to the Museum. The Hall currently contains disparate displays of mainly an archaeological nature. These include artefacts from Ancient Egypt (the Guy Brunton Collection), cultural material from the Pacific islands, material from an Iron Age archaeological site near Winburg, Free State, Stone Age archaeological material from Matjes River in the southern Cape, and some fossils and stone tools from Florisbad, central Free State, as well as a cast of the famed skull. The Hall is scheduled to be re-designed in the near future.