National Museum, Bloemfonteinan agency of the Department of Arts and Culture
The National Museum, situated in the heart of Bloemfontein, in the Free State of South Africa, is widely regarded as one of the best managed and administered museums in South Africa. The Museum’s Education Department is a dynamic and innovative Department with a long history of producing a high level of educational outreach and other activities. The Department prides itself in maintaining these high standards and in being the benchmark of excellence in consolidating the Museum’s educational aspects, for the delightful learning experience of the communities it serves.
The Department is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to fill vacant Education Officer position.
· At least a B.Ed degree (Science & Biology) or similar qualification.
· Minimum of 5 years practical educational experience.
· A thorough knowledge of CAPS (Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statements).
· Proven ability to apply professional knowledge.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to function well in a team.
· An energetic, resourceful and flexible approach to the requirements of the post.
· The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines as well as prioritisation of work without compromising standards.
· Fluency in the following languages for presentations – English, Sotho and Tswana
· Computer literacy (MS Office and particularly PowerPoint)
· A valid driver’s license.
Key Performance Areas
· Develop, maintain and present educational programmes aligned to CAPS.
· Conduct pre-primary, primary, secondary school and adult group tours and lectures (internal and external)
· Develop and present outreach programmes.
· Assist with marketing of educational programmes.
· Build strong relationships with Free State schools and the community.
· Build and maintain strong links with all Museum departments in developing educational materials and promotions.
· Assist with departmental projects as required.
· Assist with departmental administrative tasks.
Closing date: 22 March 2017.